Wednesday, December 9, 2009

My Mom Got Her Wish

I have a child just like me.

When I was growing up, I used to get the words wrong to different songs or sayings all.the.time. (The Wicked Witch said, "I'll get you, my pretty, and your little dog also!")

Oldest Boy is clearly following in my footsteps. They watched Toy Story in the van yesterday. This morning I overheard him say to his brother, "Oh yeah? Well, good evening shell laney!"

HUH?

In my mind I was playing the movie back (which is relatively easy since we've seen it eleventy gagillion times).

"Honey, Woody says, 'Good riddance, ya looney!'"

"No, Mommy, you're wrong. It's 'Good evening shell laney!'"

"Those aren't even words!"

"Well, 'good' is a word. And 'evening' is a word. And 'shell' is a word."

"What about 'laney'?"

"That's just what he calls Buzz. Like a nickname!"

Oy. I'm in trouble.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

LOL! Gotta love how kids think!

Blessings,
Michelle

Anonymous said...

Too funny! Cooper walked around for WEEKS after Halloween saying, "I'm going to do some serious scaring" a al Monsters, Inc. God help me (and the rest of the world) should my children grow up to be like me!

Rocket Ma'am said...

We get a lot of that around here, but my favorite was when they sang "Aleese Nobbynob" at Christmas. I told them it was "Feliz Navidad" which was spanish, but they told me that's how you say it in American.