My appointment is scheduled for 8PM on a Thursday. The salon I go to is 25 minutes away (we live in the middle of Nowhere, USA, remember?). I have to feed the kids dinner, bathe them (which means they’ll already be in their jammies), and make sure their snacks are easily accessible or already made (Mr. MOTH is pretty good about making snacks as long as it doesn’t involve cutting any fruits or vegetables). The Little One must be fed as close to go-time as possible so that she won’t require a bottle while I’m gone. I have to time everything precisely so that everything runs smoothly in my absence or the fit hits the shan. I will schedule my next appointment while I’m there so that I can get the exact time that I need in order to be able to make it there on time and then (hopefully) make it home in time for our bedtime routine.
Instead of running smoothly as I had hoped, I got a call while I was still about five minutes from home from Mr. MOTH. “WHERE ARE YOU?!?!” “Just a few minutes away. Why?” “HURRY UP!!” *click*. {SIGH} I walk in to find my husband standing in front of the TV in our room swaying back and forth and swearing under his breath while he holds a screaming, red-faced, crying-‘til-she-chokes baby who could not POSSIBLY be my sweet, cuddly 4-month-old. But, alas, as soon as I walked in the room and held her she miraculously morphed back into the cherub I know her to be. And Mr. MOTH’s proclamation? “I AM NEVER DOING THAT AGAIN! EVER!”
When Mr. MOTH needs his haircut he A) Calls the week of and B) Goes to get his hair cut. Whew!
Now I’m off to find a more “local” salon that hopefully offers baby-sitting…
3 comments:
totally renee when she was that age. TOTALLY. and my husband said those EXACT same words.
little momma's girl :)
Oh, sister . . . I feel your pain.
It must be nice to just drop everything and go to the barber when the mood strikes! I can't count the number of times I have taken the kids with me to get a haircut . . . no wash, no dry, no style, just cut my hair as fast as you can because one of them is bound to be on the verge of a meltdown. I currently schedule my appointments for when Cooper is in school and my mom and meet me to hold Briar, leaving hubby home with just one child. Must be nice.
And it's not just hair cuts! Don't EVEN get me started on how husbands can use the bathroom and shower without having to make arrangements 2 weeks in advance.
This reminds me.... I NEED a haircut and it's taken me 2 weeks to even have a few minutes to call to make an appointment...who even knows how many weeks until Mr Hyphen's schedule will coincide with the hair dresser's!
Post a Comment