Back to School means colds. And the flu. Probably H1N1 before too much longer. Why, oh, why can't they give the flu vaccines BEFORE school starts instead of AFTER my kids have already built up their own immunity? Huh? WHY?
Oldest Boy came down with the sniffles last Monday. Wednesday evening Youngest Boy came down with a fever - that lasted 5 ever-loving DAYS!! And now Oldest Boy has it. The "new" school policy is to follow what the CDC recommends - which means they can't go back to school until they have been "fever-free without the use of fever-reducing medications" for 24 hours. The last time Oldest Boy had a fever was around noon today (so far). I'm planning to take him to school at lunchtime tomorrow...
5 comments:
I (think I) just finished up our initiating cycle. Good luck battling yours!
Yuck! Schools should start having open houses mid-summer to allow the kids to all mingle, swap germs, and then recover before the actual school year gets underway. *Knock wood* We have been very lucky with illness - Cooper has only had one major bug since starting school last year (and I am still not convinced that he even picked it up at school to begin with.) Hope everyone is bettter soon!
I hope everybody feels better soon!
Do you worry about your kids and infant getting H1N1? I worry so much about it and I just want to know what to believe, is it deadly, am i the only one worrying to death about my babies getting it? Especialy since you have school aged kids, does it scare you? Sorry, I hope this isn't too personal, i just wondered how another mom felt about the whole thing.
Like I feel like I shouldn't take them out of the house, I mean, I do becuase I want my kids to have fun and go to the pumpkin farm etc, but it still scares me, do you feel that way ever?
Post a Comment