Friday, October 30, 2009

Gone Fishin'

Since school started again I've been tackling the grocery shopping by myself with (usually) just the girls. We go on Thursday morning and then shoot straight over to pick Youngest Boy up from school when we're done. Last week didn't work out that way because our pest control guy was scheduled for Thursday morning (and after my last post do you blame me for not re-scheduling?). I postponed the trip until Friday and ended up with our three youngest with me.

As expected, the trip was far from easy...Little One always poops during a ride in the car seat. Always. We started cereal last week and I was sure this would change her, uh, output. Sure enough, we pulled into the parking lot and I detected the tell-tale odor. But, alas, she was asleep. I (almost) NEVER wake a sleeping baby, so I figured I would change her inside after she woke. Little did I know, it was an explosion the likes of which I had never not seen in a long time. Luckily I had opted for the family restroom so there was plenty of room. I pulled out my full pack of wipes and got to work...and used every stinkin' one up!

Lucky for me, Youngest Boy is a HUGE help and he's also absolutely, completely, totally in love with his baby sister. He pulled off paper towel after paper towel and careful wet them so I could finish my job. Since the whole thing required a complete outfit change, including socks (which I didn't have), it took me awhile and I was pretty distracted. The paper towels that we were using were on one of those roll type dispenser and are just slightly thicker than toilet paper. Typically when you pull on it, a very long ream comes off. I turned around to find Baby Girl with a nice long piece of paper towel...FISHING IN THE TOILET BOWL!! I considered it an amazing feat that I didn't puke on the spot - thereby forcing another complete outfit change for myself!!

This week I am thankful that the poop explosion occurred in the space shuttle BEFORE she fell asleep and I was able to change her without a repeat of that performance.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're a braver woman than I am. I think I'd switch to grocery shopping at midnight when Mr MOTH is home and the kids are in bed. I can barely handle my 2 kids fighting and screaming at each other the entire time we're in the store.

And fishing in the toilet? That grosses me out when my kids do that in my OWN toilet!!! Public toilets? UGH!

Anonymous said...

Dude. What is it with pooping in the carseat?! Briar does the same thing. I have, on occasion, put her in her carseat a good 20 minutes before we are set to leave, knowing that by the time I get everything together and get the big kids buckled in their seats, she will be ready for a total change.