In the early to mid 1990’s, there was a popular show called “Mad About You” starring Helen Hunt and Paul Reiser. It was easily one of my favorite sitcoms of all time and I can remember watching it nearly every Thursday night with my mom. Paul Reiser played Helen Hunt’s (“Jamie”) husband, “Paul”. He was quite literally, the perfect husband. Funny, cute, goofy, loving, helped around the house, always said the right thing. You get the idea. He became even more endearing after they had a baby (“Mabel”). He was not only a great husband but a fantastic father as well. The kind of dad who would change diapers, fold teeny-tiny frilly baby clothes, and play with their dog (“Murray”) – all while feeding the baby.
I can remember watching one episode in particular where “Paul” was ironing some of Jamie’s clothes. My mom (whose husband –my dad- probably wouldn’t be able to identify an iron in a line-up) turned to me and said, “Honey, don’t hold out for a 'Paul'. Guys like that just don’t exist.”
I’m happy to say, eight years ago today I married a “Paul”. Love ya, dear. Happy Anniversary!
**Here's where I would insert a clip from YouTube if I knew howinthehell to do that kind of thing.
4 comments:
Aw! What a great post - I loved Mad About You! Happy Anniversary to you and your "Paul"!!
Happy Anniversary!!!
Happy Anniversary!
BTW- the best thing about "Mad About You" was that Mabel's birth episode was realistic (unlike every other sitcom birth)- 10 long hrs of labor, then wanting an epidural only to find out it was too late. Then bursting into tears.
I loved that show!
Happy Belated Anniversary.
Post a Comment