Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Time For Some Quotes!

Oldest Boy has a Nerf ball shooter that has green balls inside. They call it an "ion blaster" (as in Emperor Zurg's weapon in Toy Story 2) and they enjoy shooting each other at targets. Last night Baby Girl had a couple of the balls and she decided to try standing on them. It must have hurt, but instead of hurting her feet, she said, "Mommy! My BALLS hurt!"

***************

My boys LOVE Transformers. They watch an episode every afternoon so I they can have some downtime. We finally broke down and purchased the first two seasons plus a bonus! DVD so that we could delete them from our DVR (freeing up something like 30% of the space available). When my dad walked in on Sunday the boys said, "Papa! We got three new Transformer videos...and you missed both of them!"

***************
Youngest Boy likes to tell me play by play of anything he sees on TV. They saw a commercial a few days ago and it had a platypus in it.

Youngest Boy: "Mommy, this guy had a paranymus..."
Oldest Boy: "Brother, it's platypus."
Youngest Boy: "Yeah, a paranymus..."
Oldest Boy: "Brother, it's PLATYPUS."
Youngest Boy: "Yeah, that's what I said, paranymus..."
Oldest Boy: "IT'S PLATYPUS!"
Youngest Boy: "Yeah, he had one of those, and then..."

***************
Youngest Boy is going to be starting pre-K in the fall (a post for another day), so I told him that if he had any questions, anything at all, about school he could ask me or his brother. He thought for a few minutes and then said, "OKaaaay. Why is the school a building?"

5 comments:

Aunt Becky said...

Ha! That's such a weird name for an...animal? I can't remember. They lay eggs but are they an animal?

Amber said...

That platypus reminds me of the Pink Panther where they keep trying to tell him to say "hamburger" and he keeps calling it all sorts of different names, including "DER BURGER!"

Anonymous said...

Hi, I wandered in after following a link at Aunt Becky's.

I laughed out loud and woke up the toddler when I read the platypus story! Kids always say the best things.

I'm with Becky ... are they in the animal/mammal class or do they get their own special freak of nature class?

Anita said...

Sorry, hit the publish button too soon. It seems I suffer from premature publications. So once again ...

Hi, I wandered in after following a link at Aunt Becky's.

I laughed out loud and woke up the toddler when I read the platypus story! Kids always say the best things.

I'm with Becky ... are they in the animal/mammal class or do they get their own special freak of nature class?

Anonymous said...

Platypus... egg laying mammal? Am I right? Am I right???? I knew that paying attention in 3rd grade would pay off some day!

Every day I think "oh,I need to write that little funny down.." then I forget. A few weeks ago, Wynnie said-- in reference to her little brother "He's ruining my life!" Yeah sweetie... I can see that.