I can remember very clearly one summer night...My brothers and I were arguing about whose turn it was to do what and we were obviously delaying the inevitable. We were procrastinating like only my family can, when all of a sudden my mom had had enough. She snapped. She starts grabbing dishes and heads to the back door. Curious, we follow. She opens the screen door...and starts wailing the dishes across the yard while screaming at the top of her lungs muttering under her breath. Was she done? Nope. She goes back for more! And again, until the sink is empty. We were dumbfounded. And speechless (another trait not particularly common in my family). I'm pretty sure we eventually did the dishes, though...
We tell this story often and I know it embarrasses the hell out of mom but when we tell it we laugh our butts off. Every time.
Thanks, Mom, for making it OK to lose your cool once in awhile as a mom...because sometimes I really wanna throw the dishes out the back door...
Happy Birthday, Grandma Grandma!

5 comments:
love it!
Happy Birthday!
AWESOME! (And I may have done something similar to that the other day . . . which is sad considering my children are not quite old enough to do the dishes.) Happy Birthday to your Mom!
HILARIOUS!
I love how moms are real people, with real emotions, who just happened to reproduce!
Happy Birthday!
Awwww, happy birthday to your mom!
Post a Comment