Tuesday, June 9, 2009

It's An Addiction

I would and have given up a lot for my babies - my "career", sleep, wine, privacy, lunchmeat, sleep, beer, sleep, well - you get the idea. Right now, the Little One has gas. Usually, it's not in the middle of the night...unless I have chocolate after dinner. So, I'm giving up chocolate. No big deal. Also? She has gas in the early afternoon. So, I should give up coffee. I. can't. do. it. I gave it up when I was pregnant with Oldest Boy because I was a little more neurotic than I am now. And I was getting 8 hours of sleep (or more) every night as opposed to the 5 hours I might get a night now - and not all in a row but broken up at 2-3 hour intervals by an hour long banquet for Little One.

Caffeine is my friend. It keeps me from yelling at the older kids (most of the time). It keeps me from falling asleep at 7PM (most of the time). It helps me to put one foot in front of the other and actual accomplish more in my day than just lounging on the couch and hoping that someone will come along to do the dishes and feed the kiddos. I. can't. do. it. Sorry, Little One, but your little belly is going to have to learn to like coffee. Soon.



On another note, she smiled at me this morning. A big, toothless grin that I wish I could bottle up because that feeling - that rush of joy and emotion that comes with the first smile for you - could make me millions! Thank you, Little One!

3 comments:

beanski said...

I live in denial that my chocolate addition is what causes Cam's belly issues because I would just rather die without it. D-E-N-I-A-L. Gassy babies are the WORST.

Love the dress!

Anonymous said...

OHMYGOD, she's so darned precious in that dress!

I cannot give up caffeine either! I've tried. OH, how I've tried. My accupuncturist asked me "why do you need caffeine?" I wanted to hit her. Seriously? UM, BECAUSE MY HUSBAND LIVES IN ANOTHER STATE AND I HAVE 2 CHILDREN AND A HOUSE TO MAINTAIN AND I'M NOT ALLOWED TO RUN AWAY SCREAMING!

I don't blame you for not giving up coffee.

Amber said...

Alex had explosive gas for the first few weeks, but his body eventually adjusted to what I was eating. You might want to try bicycling her legs for a bit after eating to move it along... but I can't guarantee it will help.

I never did give up lunch meat while pregnant though. I trusted the sandwich shop I ate at, and just never bought lunchmeat for home use.