Yesterday Youngest Boy and I had a rough day. When I said something - anything - his response was always an adamant "NO!"
Me: Please turn off your computer and come downstairs.
Youngest Boy: NO!
Me: Please open the door to your room.
Youngest Boy: NO!
And on. And on. And on.
I took all of the kids to the park yesterday evening to enjoy what may very well be the last of decent weather for awhile. They had a blast (except maybe Baby Girl who only wanted to sit in the mulch and dig). This made it necessary for an immediate bath when we got home. As they're in the tub I said to Youngest Boy, "You and I have been butting heads all day long, haven't we?"
Youngest Boy said, "What? Did you say we've been buttheads?"
The beauty of it was that he couldn't understand why I was laughing so hard that I had tears in my eyes!! Sometimes, the misinterpretation is more accurate than the original statement...
1 comment:
It's a longer story than I want to repeat here....but last night my oldest son (9 yrs. old) asked me, "Did Ronald Reagan die of Eisenhower disease?"
Post a Comment