Apparently, it's Show and Tell day here at Long Daze because I am pretty far behind in showing off various aspects of our life. I haven't posted a lot of photos of the kids (per Mr. MOTH's request), but since Baby Girl was going in cognito I thought this one was particularly safe:

Here she is cheering for her favorite hockey team (although she doesn't really know what "hockey" is yet...she would learn too many, uh, "new" words if she watched it with her daddy...). Let's Go Pens!!:

Here, the boys are coloring eggs:

And now for the basement. I am pretty proud of my husband (for a lot of reasons). I think he did a great job on the basement so far, even if it means I haven't actually spent a full weekend with him in over two years. This will be where I have my scrapbooking table/shelves set up (the open door in the back is a storage closet):

Here is an area, located at the bottom of the stairs, that will have a bench with storage underneath (there are lights above so we can use this as a reading area):

This is from the far corner of the huge family room looking towards the stairs. The opening with the furnace/water heater will have louvered doors. If it seems like there are a lot of lights, well, there are. Enough lights that occasionally the auto flash on the camera must have thought we were on the surface of the sun:

This is looking from the stairs towards the family room:

And finally, the bathroom. The orange thing on the floor is a heating element so that the ceramic tile won't be cold. I don't ask any more. If it makes him happy to have it (and it doesn't cost a million dollars), then he gets it. The color looks a little pinkish, but believe me, it's R-E-D. I can't believe he (almost willingly) let me pick this color:

This is where the vanity will go (it's a relatively small bathroom, but functional):

This is the shower stall. I think this color/shade is much more accurate:
And finally, by popular request, and because I must have lost my frickin' mind, a belly shot taken at around 32 weeks (because, frankly, I won't take another until delivery day - maybe tomorrow:):
2 comments:
Momma - you look GREAT! And so does the basement. I would love to say it was worth all of the time that it took, but it's not my house . . . I didn't have to deal with all of the time that it took! The kids are gettin so big - I love the second picture of Baby Girl - what a doll!
It HAS been a while since you've posted pictures of the kids, because I remember them being MUCH YOUNGER. I love your basement and I might covet it just a little bit! You can never have too many lights in your basement!
I think you and your belly look GREAT. I looked like that 15 minutes after egg and sperm united.
Post a Comment