Monday, April 27, 2009

Lady In Waiting

Alas, I am still (very) pregnant. I know, I know. It's better for them to stay in there until they're "done bakin'" and it's safer and less work and blah, blah, blah. That doesn't mean that I'm not completely tired of being the size of a beached whale. I was still only 1 cm at my appointment last week but was "very soft", whatever that's supposed to mean...

And since my last prediction didn't come true, I'm going to make one more (with the intention that it not come true either, please). Mr. MOTH has to travel out of state this week. By plane. Overnight. For two nights. Oh, boy. If this baby is a girl, it will most certainly make an appearance when all hell will break loose if she does. If it's a boy, I might be safe. Although even if it's a boy, it will still be from my flesh and blood.

I am trying to work out the logistics of what will happen if I go into labor while he's away, but I just can't wrap my brain around it. Obviously, the original plan will be shot to hell. The only part of that plan that will remain is that my parents will be with the kids. I have to find someone to drive me to the hospital (under no circumstances will this be someone from my family. I can't handle that kind of stress if I'm in labor. Or ever.). I also have to find a substitute L&D coach - my first choices would be either my SIL or my good friend, Mar, but I have to say that neither one would be readily available (unless it happens in the middle of the night, I guess). And since this trip was last minute, I have to actually ask them if they'd be willing to do so. My SIL has been with me through it before, so I think she would be the best bet. But Mar lives closest and, although her driving used to scare the crap out of me, she also knows how to get there. Alright. Never mind. I give up. I'm going to stick my head in the sand and say everything is going to be just fine. Really. Right? I said RIGHT?!?! {SIGH} It's going to be a loooong week...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's going to be FINE. The baby won't come until Mr MOTH is home. Really.

I remember fretting about the same thing. Mr Hyphen would leave and fly out of state overnight several nights a week. I worried and worried that I'd end up driving myself to the hospital (or having to take a cab!). It all worked out perfectly.