In my life (per Murphy's Law) everything seems to happen all at once. There really is never a dull moment around these parts and under normal circumstances (read: when I'm not eleventy months pregnant) I thrive on that. I live for the crazy - which is probably why I've always wanted a big-ish family. Right now, I'm not a big fan of crazy because I just can't keep up with it.
Yesterday, we had NO POWER for 8 hours. During the day. Nothing got done. Not one stinkin' thing. Dinner was late because I didn't want to start prepping it if I wasn't going to be able to actually cook it. I had no power to do laundry. Or dishes (yes, I could was them by hand but we have a grinder pump - kind of like a sump pump - and running water is frowned upon when there's no electricity). Or vacuum. So, we read. And we played. With every toy they own. All at once. Needless to say, Mr. MOTH was not impressed with the state of our home when he got in from work last night. Too bad. He didn't have to deal with the crazy.
So, why the title "Predictions"? Well, as I mentioned, everything happens at once. If I was a bettin' person, my money would be on Thursday as the day this baby is going to decide to come - or at the very least pretend to come. We have more going on in that one single day than the entire month. Combined. Oldest Boy has the day off of school. Mr. MOTH is taking him to work to participate in Take A Child To Work Day at his company (an event that I used to be in charge of when I still worked there) UNLESS he has to travel to Wisconsin that day - which is looking like an improbability right now - thankyougodforsmallmiracles. I have an OB appointment that morning. Normally, I would also do my grocery shopping that day but that's a near impossibility. AND my MIL is coming up from my SIL's to my other SIL's for a quick doctor's appointment before she moves in with my brother-in-law - 8 hours away. Which means this will be the only chance that the kids will have to see her in probably the next 6-8 months - minimum. So I have to cart the two youngest with me over to my SIL's (about an hour and fifteen minutes away). We'll meet Mr. MOTH and Oldest Boy there. {SIGH}
Did I forget anything? Oh, yeah.
I'll be turning 37 that day.
2 comments:
Yikes! I am doing my best to stay on top of EVERYTHING for that exact reason . . . the second I don't, this kid will be here!
You are in my thoughts! I too can't wait to 'meet' your little one!
Happy Birthday! I hope they have cake for you at SOME POINT in the day. Cake that you neither have to bake or go buy.
Post a Comment