I had to pick Oldest Boy up from school yesterday because he got sick. The secretary called and said he didn't really have a fever but he was complaining that his jaw hurt and he was just sobbing. He couldn't even eat lunch (very disconcerting, for sure). I wasn't even home from my MOPS meeting yet when they called so I just turned straight onto the highway and raced down to get him. He's still MY baby, and I couldn't stand that he was hurting and I wasn't there to hold him.
He was alseep on a chair in the office with a blanket over him when I got there. This meant I had to trudge the other two young 'uns back out to the space shuttle and the nice secretary stood by while I went back in and picked up Oldest Boy and carried him out. He slept the whole way home, slept nearly the entire afternoon, woke up shortly after I returned from voting, and then went back to bed at his normal bedtime. Poor thing!
Today, he just keeps screaming every so often from the pain in his ear, so we're off to see our pediatrician later this morning. Luckily, my mom is off today and she can tag along to keep track of the others. Actually, I'm suspicous that Youngest Boy also has an earache, but he keeps changing his tune every time I mention seeing the doc. I'm going to get him checked out, too.
Quote of the day: Oldest Boy said, "Mommy, my earsight's not too good today."
2 comments:
Poor guy. Hope he feels better soon!
Oh, that is SO hard on mommy! Earaches are the worst,too. And having to take the others into the peds office is a horror.. PLEASE DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING OR YOU'LL GET SICK. We always come home more sick than when we went.
Post a Comment