Friday, November 14, 2008

I Didn't Do It!

Baby Girl is just slightly over 21 months old. And she's brilliant! Let me just say that I should get absolutely no credit for this fact (other than contributing to half of her genes). The little tyke can identify more than half of the letters in the alphabet! I have done nothing to really encourage this (much to my embarrassment and dismay, but there are three of them now and I'm totally outnumbered). Sure, we read regularly - usually at her demand, but we've never really gone about picking out the letters and saying, "This is an 'E' or this is a 'T'" but I'll be darned if Mr. MOTH didn't ask her to find a specific letter on the Fridge of Letters and she found it well over 50% of the time! All I can say is, thank you PBS's Super Why! She watches this show every day while I prepare dinner. And she does so with absolutely rapt attention! She even asks for it by name - "sewer why".

Next step - Colors! Pretty much everything is "red" right now, so we need some work (the only colors she identifies every time? Pink and purple - go figure:).

No comments: