Growing up, I had several children in my class whose families owned a business. Because of the obvious affiliation, we made a field trip to those family businesses as a class every.single.year. Field trips are awesome, right? Well, sure, they get you out of class and all, but these field trips were...smelly.
First we would head to a chicken farm known around the area for egg production. Do you know what chickens smell like? Let's just say it's NOT like Chicken Parmesan or even nuggets. It's more like...uh...farm. I don't remember a single other thing aside from the aroma. Oh, and I remember several of my classmates losing their lunch. And I'm not talking about the brown bag we were required to bring along.
Next up was the cheese factory. Now, this one might not be as obvious to those who have never been to one but again, it does NOT smell like cheddar! It's more like fermenting milk with a side of curd thrown in. Not.Good.
A child in my Oldest Boy's class (one of his best buds, as a matter of fact) is the son of a baker. Guess where his class gets to go for a field trip? That's right. A bakery. (This bakery, if you're in the area)I would have given my right arm to get the chance to go some place that smelled like baked goods instead of the god-forsaken aroma that we were made to endure.
And I had to walk up-hill to school. Both ways. In snow up to my eyeballs. Through blistering heat. I was lucky to have shoes!
Now, get off my lawn!
1 comment:
This is exactly the laugh I needed to start my day!!!! I love it!!! A cheese farm?? eewww! I envision black & white cows, wandering through green meadows dotted with clumps of flowers!!!!!! NOTTTT!!!
Post a Comment