Tuesday, April 10, 2012

It Started Out As A Compliment

Last Thursday, Mr. MOTH got to watch the Pens beat up on the Rangers (that's hockey, yinz guys). It was a last-minute thing - a "guys' night" if you will, something he's absolutely NEVER done since we've been married. It was so last minute that I had to bring him a change of clothes at work (yes, two hours round-trip, with 4 kids). We were originally schedule to have movie night and then sleep out in the living room (the kids think this is the biggest deal! Don't worry, we rescheduled and did it Friday) but instead we watched the game to see if we could spot Daddy.

Baby Girl thought she spied him and shouted, "I saw a striped shirt!" Then, "No wait. We need to look for a striped shirt (gestures down her torso), short, dark hair (runs her fingers around her ears), and glasses (makes glasses with her finger and thumb)." This is all said like the rest of us somehow forgot what he looked like! LOL!

As we're watching, an ad pops up in the bottom of the screen for something. I was in the kitchen preparing snacks, so I only caught a quick glimpse but I think it was Anne Hathaway:

Anyhow, Oldest Boy yells from in front of the TV, "Mommy! That looks JUST like you!!" Feeling flattered, I said, "You think that looks like me?!?!" Oldest Boy said, "Yeah! When you were much younger!" My ego deflated a bit on that, but then Youngest Boy threw in his two cents, "And much, much thinner!!" And my ego bottomed out somewhere around my toes.


Of course, I told my mom this story and, thinking she would somehow try to cheer me up, said, "Well, dear, Anne Hathaway IS really thin!" Thanks, Ma.

No comments: