Tuesday, April 24, 2012

So Much For That

Once again, my love/hate relationship with The Weather Channel continues.  I know that weather science isn't an exact science (although by definition, if it's science it should be exact) but it must really be humiliating to be 100% WRONG!  Seriously.

On our way home from our night away, my mom texted to "get home before the snow".  Ooookaaay.  How much are we going to get?  12"!!  Right.  My response?  "I'll believe it when I see it."  Guess what?  I didn't see it.  Not even 1/4".  Not so much as a dusting!  There may have been a flake or two flying around but they got it completely wrong!  Even up in the mountains where they DID get snow, it was gone before the warning was even half way over!!  All that hype, not a roll of toilet paper or a loaf of bread to be found at the grocery stores and here I sit wearing my sunglasses.  Boneheads.

In other news...I bought a second-hand jogging stroller!  If the weather can be trusted (HAHAHAHA!!!) I might take it out for a run tomorrow morning with Little One in tow.  She is going to absolutely LOVE it and I'm looking forward to the verbal encouragement (Faster, Mommy, Faster!!).  It's not perfect but considering I didn't pay much for it if I even use it for the rest of this school year it was worth it. 

Also coming up is my pajama party (because I turned 40 yesterday), and there's a lot of work left to be done.  Since I'm sure you're just dying to know what we're doing, I decided on breakfast/brunch foods (muffins, scones, breakfast casseroles, breads, cinnamon rolls, etc.) and I made flower pens which I'm going to tie around a set of recipe cards for all of the yummy dishes we're serving up and give those out as favors.  I'm still trying to decide what to do with all of the kids I'm expecting but I just hope everyone has a good time.  I can't wait to check out everyone's pj's - both the ones they're wearing and the ones they're donating!  Woot!  Baby Girl is helping me to decorate a box for the donations - which will be a fun bonding project for us, I think, as she's my artist.  I can't wait!  I'll update with photos as soon as I can.

And...post birthday party, I'm going to break all of my own rules and sign up for Facebook.  The lure of Pinterest is just too great!  I can't take the pressure!

No comments: