It started out simple
One wee baby to keep
Yet there's so much to do
And so little sleep!
But we found our way,
My baby and I
We laughed and we played.
For him I would die.
Then our family - it grew
When along came another,
Another baby boy
Someone to call "brother".
There's a lot to be said
For having two crazy boys!
The chaos! The fun!
Did I mention the NOISE?!?!
We held out our hands
And asked, "Is two enough?"
God shook his head
And filled our arms up.
This time the bundle
They placed on my arm
Was wrapped up in pink -
All cuddly and warm.
A girl is a treat
And a challenge for sure!
Now we had some of each,
Would there be any more?
One more time the
Lord answered our prayer.
Another sweet soul was
Placed in our care.
This time a sister -
A beautiful girl!
Four wonderful kids!
Our life is a whirl!
There have been playdates,
parties and MOPS;
Dancing and singing!
The fun never stops!
Diapers and binkies
Filled up our home.
I can't remember the last time
I used the bathroom alone...
After all of these years
I have to report
The days are very long
But the years are much too short!
~KJP
3 comments:
Love it! thanks for the almond bark suggestion - can't wait to try it!
Nice poem! I never got to use the bathroom alone even before I had kid(s). The dang dog was always attached to my hip!
I featured you on my blog!
Go check it out... the post is pretty funny and I am sure you can relate to most of it!
http://www.believingboldly.com/
Post a Comment