Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Ear Tubes: Take 2

Youngest Boy had tubes put in his ears and his adenoids removed in April and our follow-up appointment was this past Monday. Because of an ongoing ear infection (6 weeks and 3 separate courses of antibiotics), Little One made the trek with us. Youngest Boy's tubes are perfect and there is currently no infection.

Little One, however, has to have tubes put in. I know, I know. It's a "routine" procedure and it will take approximately 2.3 seconds, but they have to use general anesthesia. They're going to knock out my 18-month-old sweet babe. And I hate it. In the grand scheme of things, it's not a big deal. There are a lot of people who have to watch their little ones go through much, much worse and I know this. In my head, I know it's not a big deal. But my heart? It's freaking out a bit.

The procedure is schedule for next Thursday, December 9th - time TBD. Mr. MOTH is unsure if he can take time off which means that I'll be running the show solo - with the help of my little fairy elves - my mom and Aunt Jo. If you think about it, offer up a prayer for our little sweetheart and those who I am trusting with her care.
This was taken at my Grandmother's 90th birthday party this past weekend. I'm working on a post about that. Oh, and if you know her, don't let on that you know how old she is...

2 comments:

beanski said...

UGH. I'll totally be thinking about her (and you). Lucy is having hers done between Christmas and New Year's...stressful! Sending prayers...

Anonymous said...

Good luck! I just know that everything is going to go well and that she will be on the mend soon!