Saturday, November 13, 2010

Our Space Shuttle Is Part School Bus

Not because I haul 2 kids home from school every day. OOOOOH NOOOO! It's because it now has yellow road paint all over the driver's side! Lovely. Stuff like this always happens to me.

I have been driving a lot (obviously) and I don't know exactly where it happened, just that it happened on a day with a boatload of driving involved. Translation: Could have happened anywhere in a 30 mile radius from our house. Yeah.

I drove the vehicle to a PTG (Parent Teacher Group) meeting and one of the other parents informed me that the same thing had happened to her in August. And her husband works for our state's DOT. And this is what he does for a living - paints the lines on the roads. And she filed a claim with the DOT. Oh, the irony! The manufacturer of the paint suggested to slather it with Vaseline and leave it for 48 hours to loosen it. Okaaaay. Sure. Except I can't find the Vaseline. And I am never home for 48 hours straight. Ever.

In the middle of that last paragraph Mr. MOTH came in from the garage. "Honey? Can you come here?" There was something squeaking and scratching in the garage. WE are a couple of WUSSES. We both tried to use the broom to maneuver things around to try to find the source of the noise. Then I got down on all fours and peaked inside a glue trap - one that's supposed to be for spiders. Bingo! A mouse. And my manly, macho, man had to put the little guy out of his misery. {SIGH} Country life. We need a kitty. And I am NOT a cat person.

Back to our regulary scheduled programming...Mr. MOTH asked me to search the interwebs for a "how-to" to remove it. Basically, the internet says, "You're screwed. Big-time. You will forever be driving a highly reflective mini-van." Nice. How much do you think this is going to hurt the trade-in value when it's time to upgrade (in 4 or 5 years)?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That sounds like what we used to call a "pure D mess". I'm not sure why we called it that but your story fits the definition.