Friday, July 2, 2010

Another Family Tradition

We have a tradition in our family. I think it's pretty unique:
Any guesses?All of our children have had their first haircut...at Walt Disney World! At the end of the summer, Little One will be carrying on an old family tradition. If you've been to WDW, the barber shop on Main Street, USA offers a "first haircut" for around $15 and that includes the cut, the ears (which say "First Haircut"), a certificate, tons of stickers and "pixie dust" and they carefully save a lock and wrap it up with Mickey stickers. It's easily the best deal going there. Someday, when the girls are older, we'll do the Bibbidy Bobbidy Boutique (Baby Girl certainly has ENOUGH hair but she HATES to have someone style it so I think it would be a waste of money).

Now, I'm not sure there's quite enough hair there yet, but we have time. We are a Disney family. We don't vacation much (as a matter of fact, this will be the first overnighter with all 4 kids), but when we go somewhere, it's Disney. We went twice as a couple (including our honeymoon) and we've gone when each child was approximately 1 year old (Youngest Boy was 18 months...and he had a mullet). This will be our 6th trip and I am PUMPED! And more than a little anxious. My mom is tagging along but my dad can't make it this time (they went with when we took just the boys in 2006).
I have a list as long as my arm of things that need to be done:
1) Tell the kids (if you're reading this and you KNOW my kids, KEEP QUIET!!)
2) Find comfortable sandals
3) Research the car seat laws in Florida (actually, this is done)
4) Lose 5 10 pounds (the scale, officially known as the "lying bastard" must be off...)
5) Order safetytats
6) Make list after list after list.
Mr. MOTH and I make a great team when it comes to stuff like this. He takes care of all of the planning (plane tickets, room reservations, rental cars, etc.) and I take care of all of the preparing (packing, shopping, and then once we're there preparing for the day at the parks). I'm a little nervous because this is the fastest we've ever had to prepare for a trip (I had wanted to go in November but Mr. MOTH said the magic word...CHEAPER! So we're going in August.)
The other reason to be nervous? We don't really travel well. Ever. Something always goes wrong. And sometimes? EVERYTHING goes wrong. I have decided that I'm going to tell some of our best Disney vacation stories every Friday until we leave and hope that you all may have some advice. Or that you can at least learn from our mistakes!! I'll post that separately because most of the stories are long.

1 comment:

Amber said...

Those safetytats look pretty neat. At Cedar Point, you can get a wristband with your name and phone number on it at the office just to the left of the entrance (whatever it's called).