Tuesday, January 26, 2010

PlayDate Destruction

Yesterday, Oldest Boy had the day off from school (teacher's in-service) which meant that I could either endure another day of constant fighting, bickering, and fart jokes OR I could host a play date. So, play date it was!

Most of his friends are of one of two categories: Only child or Large family (it's a Catholic school, y'all). I invited a friend of his with a large family (remember the Cookie Exchange? It's that family) and rather than have her drive out to the boonies to drop him off and then lather, rinse, repeat less than an hour later, I suggested that they all come - all 4 kids (age 9, 6, 4, and 1 1/2) plus their mom. This meant 8 children and 2 grown-ups running around our still-being-finished basement. I know, I know. But still...

I've mentioned before that Mr. MOTH is a bit...organized. He spent all of Christmas Eve day sorting, separating, organizing and re-building teeny tiny Legos in anticipation of Santa hooking the boys up with more of the same:

After Christmas, he carefully and meticulously assembled all of the Lego Star Wars toys and gave the boys strict instructions that if they got broken he would throw every stinkin' one away gladly re-assemble them when he had time.

Our boys are HUGE Star Wars fans. I'm pretty certain they could re-enact the entire saga, including the Clone Wars, word for word. As a matter of fact, I think they have during the rides to and from school. Anyway, Oldest Boy's friend is also a big fan. He just had a birthday and had received a Clone Wars blaster similar to the ones our boys have which he brought along. They had a great time for over an hour running around blasting everything: each other, the mysterious "bad guys", and their sisters. Eventually, the girls and the mommies decided to venture into the basement to assess the damage. It wasn't too bad and we soon went back upstairs to have snacks. At one point we realized that the 4-year-old little sister was, uh, not where we thought she was. Oh, no. She was in the basement...carefully disassembling every Lego Star Wars toy. When Youngest Boy saw the damage he simply said, "My dad is going to shoot us!!" Yep.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

SEE!!! And people think I'm crazy because I won't let Mack play at other people's houses unattended by ME. I cannot possibly pay for, replace or reassemble everything my kid will DESTROY.

"my dad will shoot us!!" hilarious