Friday, January 22, 2010

Bubbles the Fish

Bubbles the Fish. That's the silver lining that I could find in the situation that's currently going down at our place. No, we didn't get a new pet (actually, we did get a couple of new fish but they are as-yet un-named). Bubbles the Fish is a pediatric mask used for inhalation of medication. We are currently using it on Little One:

I'm so frickin' thankful that we already had a nebulizer, medication, and this fancy mask that we had delivered when Youngest Boy was originally diagnosed with wheezing that fateful day in late December a mere two years ago. We never used it for him but it's now being used every four hours round the clock for this little sweetheart so that she can breathe.

I don't understand why this happens to our kids. I don't know how to fix it. I don't have all of the answers. But I feel very, very alone. Everyone offers to help but no one can. And truthfully, I just want to BE left alone. I need to process this newest diagnosis and make my own conclusions. I need to get myself to the place where I am mentally dealing with this (physically, I don't have a choice because their lives depend on my actions right now). And even though my family and friends (and even my husband, who has to make his own place of peace) are offering "help" there's none to be given. Thank goodness that blogging is cheap therapy.

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh sweet mama - I wish I could extend a hug through the computer.

I know the fears of living with a child who has asthma. My youngest was diagnosed at 5 months old. He is now 4 and we still struggle with it.

I know these words may not be comeforting now, but I want you to know I'm praying for you and your little one.

beanski said...

Ohmygosh honey... I'm thinking about you. A lot. Hang in there.

Amber said...

try checking out babycenter.com - they have all sorts of community groups that can give you the support you need.

Aunt Becky said...

You poor thing. I'm so sorry. I remember that with Ben and it was terrible. xoxo

Anonymous said...

Oh no! I am so sorry Little One and you have to go through this! Big hugs!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear this news. So so sorry!