Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Nesting

I may or may not be nesting. I seem to have gone into overdrive and have been cleaning out every cupboard in our kitchen. Because, you see, THERE'S ONLY 10 WEEKS LEFT!!! Why do the backs of my kitchen cabinets need to be spotless before the baby arrives? I have no freakin' idea. But, they do. And, they are. I have started a list of things I need to do before s/he gets here:

1. Move our bedroom furniture and clean! Clean! Clean! (the baby always sleeps in our room for the first 6 months. At least.)
2. Assemble the crib
3. Sort and wash stored baby clothes - this would probably be easier if we knew the sex of the baby.
4. Clean and sort baby bottles (Check - they were in the kitchen cabinets :))
5. Buy a new baby monitor (any suggestions?)
6. Convince Mr. MOTH we need a new camera.
7. Order a big-boy booster seat for Youngest Boy (Check)
8. Pack a hospital bag - at least this time I know what to bring and what NOT to bring.

At least I have the good sense to follow the Flylady method of cleaning - which involves taking a break every 15 minutes and doing something else. Also, following her method, I should (knocks vigorously on wood) have 2 more kitchen "zones" before my due date. Next week? Zone 3: The Bathroom + Nursery. Stay tuned!

2 comments:

Rocket Ma'am said...

Woo hoo! Go FlyLady! Without her my house would look like.... well, crappier than it does :o) I made 10 casseroles for the freezer in 48 hours last time the nesting bug bit me. My kids have refused to eat lasagna since.

Anonymous said...

hahaha, I'm glad I nested before the babies came, since it was months after they got here before I could see straight enough to clean one darned thing!

I'm in the nesting mood lately... I have an intense need for order. But I'm not pregnant.