Sunday, March 22, 2009
If you look under 30 years of age...
we will card you. That's the statement on the door of our local Wine & Spirits Shop. We live in a college town so the local liquor store is a happening place on Saturday night. When I'm NOT pregnant (which, really, seems like, um, NEVER) Mr. MOTH and I like to enjoy a glass or two of red wine during the weekend. Preferably something French or Italian (Bardolino is our current favorite). So, Saturday evening often finds me in line with the typical round-up of alcoholics and college kids planning a night of drinking games. Because I'm a regular (and I do pick up a bottle for my DH, even when I can't imbibe, because that's the kind of wife I am. And before you jump on him for it, he does wait until I'm asleep before he partakes - which is usually sometime after 9:30PM ;) I know most of the employees. Last night was no different except that there was a new cashier - some elderly gentleman who I was unfamiliar with. I walked up with my bottle of Bolla Valpolicella and he said, "Can I see your ID, please?" To which I responded, "God Bless you, you sure can!!" There were peals of laughter from the line of college boys behind me. See? I still got it - even if I am the size of a whale!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment