Friday, March 6, 2009

Finally!

Mother Nature is currently smiling on our little corner of the world and I couldn't be happier! I got to put up my hokey Easter decorations (plastic eggs tied to the front porch railing) and the kids got to run around and act like maniacs OUTSIDE! I figured this would work out perfectly for everyone. I could REALLY use a good night's sleep and wearing them out seemed like a good plan.

Except. Youngest Boy is currently battling a double ear infection - including a perforated ear drum - and is on antibiotics. These antibiotics seem to interfere with his normal sleep pattern. On a typical night, he gets up to pee somewhere between 1AM and 3AM, comes into our room and asks me to rub his back. On a typical night, he staggers back to bed, falls under the covers and is asleep almost instantly. On a medicated night, he can't fall back asleep. Last night I tried to sneak out because he was snoring, but it turns out that no, he wasn't asleep, just snoring. He came back to get me and I ended up laying in bed with him for over an hour before he was truly snoring. That means me, my humongous pregnant belly, my four-year-old son, three HUGE pillows, two stuffed animals, and a book (doesn't every four-year-old sleep with a BOOK?!?!) were balancing precariously on a twin-size bed. Yeah. No wonder it took him so long to fall asleep! Once he was really asleep, I gracefully hauled my larger-than-life sized butt back to my bed.

Pretty soon (less than an hour later), I hear the pitter-patter of Youngest Boy sized feet heading straight for me. This time, Mr. MOTH heard him, too, and suggested I let him sleep with us. I haven't been letting him do this since the kick-fest during his last round of meds. Mr. MOTH wisely put him on his side of the bed - with a stack of pillows between me and the boy - and asked politely if I had enough room. Smart man. When I woke up an hour and a half later (to pee, of course), he had already carried him back to bed.

I need a nap.

No comments: