Today Mr. MOTH and I have been married for 7 years. In that seven years, we have gotten married, built a house together, and had three spectacular children. We have fought, laughed, dreamed, made-up, worshiped and cried together. We've watched his mother's mental health decline to a place where I could no longer take care of her, and then made one of the hardest decisions we've had to face as a couple - moving her out of our home.
Our relationship waxes and wanes as I think all married couples' do. Sometimes we need each other desperately and sometimes it's as if we really don't think we need each other at all. But we do. Our lives are intricately intertwined through love and commitment - both to each other and to our young family. We cannot fail because that would mean failing them, something neither of us could live with.
On this day, I simply want to thank him - my husband - for never failing me. I love you.
No comments:
Post a Comment