Wednesday, September 17, 2014

"Memorial of Mercy"

I tend to steer away from topics that are considered controversial.  Not because I don't have an opinion (I have very strong opinions on darn near everything) but because I don't like confrontation. 
 
Youngest Boy asked to see this painting.  On Sunday, his best bud "D" told him all about it and the ensuing conversation brought tears to my eye.  I just let them talk, only adding my voice if they asked a direct question or gave an incorrect fact.  "D"'s mom gave a great description that was understandable at their 4th grade level and I let them go with it. 
 
Pray.  Now.
 
"Memorial of Mercy" by Nikki Bruni

Maybe you can tell a little better in this closer photo - each tile is a picture of a baby.


Folks always want to talk about the killing involved in war.  56 million deaths - what kind of war would that be?

No comments: