Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Asthma Still Sucks But...

Maybe you guys remember this photo?
 

That's Little One at 8 months old having her first breathing treatment of Albuterol to treat her virally-induced asthma (We've also used Xopenex).  Yeah, it sucked.  Luckily, she wasn't the first one of the kids to have it - Youngest Boy was also diagnosed with the same thing when he was 2 (while I was pregnant with Baby Girl).  I knew what it meant.  I had been down that road before and I could handle it but I still absolutely HATED giving them to her.  The drugs (Albuterol, Prednisone, and Pulmicort) all had their different side effects - racing heart, hyperactivity, no sleep, etc.

We still battle this today.  Youngest Boy only develops wheezing now if it's a serious chest cold but Little One is still in the thick of it.  We just got back from a Disney vacation (more on that soon...short version - WE DROVE!) and of course, Mr. MOTH and Oldest Boy got the cold.  They're big boys and they can handle it but when I realized it was going straight to their chest I got ready.

I mentioned briefly before that I've started using Young Living Essential Oils.  There's a lot I want to talk about with that, but just know this:  They have changed my life.  That picture up there?  I hope to never see it again. 

On the way home from school on Friday, both Youngest Boy and Little One were a mess.  I could tell they would both need breathing treatments when we got home and I was feeling really disgusted with the whole thing.  Defeated.  I have nothing against modern medicine.  In fact, I won't hesitate to do whatever is necessary to keep my kids healthy and safe.  It's just that I no longer necessarily believe that standard pharmaceutical drugs are what's necessary.  I'm going to try the oily alternative first.

Problem was, the oil that I had ordered for this particular issue wasn't in my hands yet.  Hopefully, it was on its way but I wasn't sure when it would be delivered.  So, I prayed.  And God heard.  I pulled into the drive and my package was sitting on the porch!  I did a quick search on how to use it and then I applied the oil blend RC (see below) to both of their chests.  Within minutes NO MORE WHEEZING!

Let me say that again -

NO MORE WHEEZING!

Folks, you can doubt their efficacy (I did).  You can call me nuts (That's not entirely inaccurate...).  And you can most definitely call me an oil convert.  But what you can't call me?  A liar.  Because this is the truth (and I suck at telling lies, so you would know).  People nowadays use the term "Life-changing" all of the time.  But to not have to use a medication with less-than-desirable side effects on my babies?  Yeah, I'm gonna use it. 

RC Ingredients: INCI Ingredient Names: Eucalyptus globulus leaf oil, myrtus communis oil, pinus sylvestris (pine) leaf oil, origanum vulgare (Vulgare) leaf oil, eucalyptus radiata leaf oil, eucalyptus citriodora leaf oil, lavandula angustifolia (lavender) oil, cupressus sempervirens oil, tsuga canadensis leaf oil, and mentha piperita (peppermint) oil.

There are so many other uses and oils and blends and products but I'm just going to leave you with this for now:  Being a Lemon Dropper is AWESOME!

No comments: