Monday, October 27, 2014

Disney - Day 1(ish)

Our Disney vacation was pretty awesome but uneventful.  And by "uneventful" I mean no one got sick, there were no major incidents, and we all survived with very little fighting and bickering. 

The drive down was LOOOOOONG but totally doable.  We drove to South Carolina the first day (almost 12 hours in the car), had dinner at Ruby Tuesday's (I think?) and stayed in a pretty nice Courtyard by Marriott.  The kids all were on their best behavior at breakfast (they LOVE breakfast food but they're always a little shocked to have it at breakfast since I usually only make pancakes, bacon, eggs, etc. for dinner - who has time to do that in the AM?).  Baby Girl kept asking "How long until we get to South Korea?" and then she told me Mr. MOTH couldn't leave me in West Virginia because I don't speak Spanish. (????)

The second day of driving was much better.  South Carolina is pretty much a straight shot.  And by that I mean I could have put the car on cruise control and climbed in the back to watch a movie with the kids because the road never bends.  It was a little weird, actually, when you come from the land of hairpin turns, even on the interstate.

We arrived at Downtown Disney in time for a late lunch at T-Rex.  This has become a tradition - we don't go to the parks on our first day so we start the Disney immersion process at Downtown Disney. The strangest thing about this was that the kids all ordered their own meal - by themselves.  I felt so proud...and also a little useless. After lunch we checked into the Fort Wilderness Cabins (they only sleep up to 6, so when Grandma's with us it's not feasible) where Oldest Boy managed to plug the toilet immediately (It's a little embarrassing to have to call for maintenance within 5 minutes of check-in - and I'm not easily embarrassed).  We headed out to pick up our supplies for the week (which now included a plunger...) and then we settled in for Day 2 where we would be heading to Hollywood Studios.












No comments: