Blogging has been pretty low on my priority list lately. End-of-year school stuff always takes up a lot of time and this year was no exception but, YAY!, it's summer vacation. A few highlights from the last few days of school:
Baby Girl won the Christian Leadership Award for the First Grade. I'm really proud of her (and she was so totally surprised that it was kinda awesome), but I think in the younger grades it's really almost a popularity contest. Yes, they are told what makes a Christian leader but at 7 years old they pretty much just vote for their friends I think.
 |
| Baby Girl receiving her award |
My cousin graduated high school in the Salutatorian position (that's #2) and got to give a speech at commencement. It was also kinda awesome although she wasn't surprised. ;) She did a great job speaking in front of hundreds of people (something I don't think I could have done). Now in a few short months she's off to Pitt! Go Panthers!
 |
| My beautiful cousin...giving me the stink eye. |
Youngest Boy had a state project for which he chose Florida. Because it was such a popular assignment with the class, their teacher decided to hold a state fair and some of the kids from the older grades helped out. That means that a lot of kids in Oldest Boy's class were assigned to help their younger siblings (I think there's something like 12 in the 5th grade who have siblings in the 3rd grade - it's crazy!). The 5th graders had to dress as someone from an historic event. Oldest Boy chose the opening of Walt Disney World and went as a tourist! :)
 |
| Youngest Boy and Oldest Boy representing Florida |
Last weekend we installed a beautiful bench in memory of my grandfather who, you might remember, passed away January 2nd. I thought it was quite fitting that we did it Father's Day weekend. I really do miss him.
 |
Installation of a bench in my grandfather's name.
|
In other news, I'm finally on Facebook (which is just as big of a time suck as I thought it would be) and I've started using
Young Living Essential Oils (which is as life-changing as the other users claimed it would be). Those two things really go hand-in-hand and I'll post about that experience soon. I promise!
1 comment:
I know I'm behind on this, it's been a cah-razy summer and I'm just catching up. But if you want to be friends on FB buzz me. I'm not a stalker, for realz, but I feel like we know each other :o)
Post a Comment