Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Race Report and More!

This was a busy weekend in The Mommy's household.  First up, I ran a 5K.  I had trained for a PR...and I didn't get one. :(  I have a lot of excuses (It was hot; my music never turned on; I'm old) but all that matters is that it didn't happen.  I'm pretty cranked about it, actually, but I'm just looking at my training and trying to figure out what went wrong.  If I'm being honest, I think the primary thing is that this is the course I had my PR on...and they changed it this year, including adding a couple of hills, and that's what I'm going with.

On a positive note, I took 3rd in my age group.  Also, my sister ran her very first 10K!  Woot!  She wasn't exactly thrilled with her time, either, but she DID IT!  That's huge! 



 
The very next day my newest niece (Ivy) was baptized.  She's a sweet, sweet baby and very precious to all of us.  She's given us a couple of health scares that haven't been completely resolved and that makes her blessing even more special:
 
The Princess

The Big Sister V

My brother, E and his wife, K with Ivy

Yes, my sister-in-law really is that gorgeous - even 3 months after giving birth!

Me and the Sweetie Pie
 
We also took the kids to see Monsters University over the July 4th holiday (I won movie tickets from a BlogHer contest, so that was exciting!).  That's the first time we all went to the movies in a theatre together!  Mr. MOTH was NOT optimistic, but they did great!
 




Overall, the movie was good...but not Monsters, Inc. good.  I think that I need to watch it again to make my final verdict but I just thought it was "good", not Pixar "great".  That's two in a row that haven't met my expectations (Brave was the same way...good but not great).  Sad, but true.  The kids liked it, though!

No comments: