Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Events


The children have had a few major life events happen in the last couple of months that I have failed to blog about.  I guess I've been busy, although I'm not exactly sure doing what as my house looks like it's been ransacked by someone hoping to find a rare Lego piece (which is probably exactly what happened). 
 
Youngest Boy made his First Holy Communion back in April.  He was a tiny bit nervous but he did great.  This is a Big Deal when you're in second grade and they prepare for it most of the year during school.  Unlike when Oldest Boy did it, Youngest Boy was with only a few other children (instead of 60+, which made for a VERY cranky crowd and a lot of unsavory behavior...from the adults.  Seriously.  It was unreal how these people were behaving - DURING mass.  One woman actually told another mama that she was going to hell.  I only wish I was kidding.)
 
Thankfully, his best bud's mom took this photo and sent it to me because I was using my (old) camera on video for this part:



Then on June 5th, Baby Girl graduated from Kindergarten.  She had been talking about this for WEEKS leading up to the event.  She was confused, as she thought it was going to occur during school hours but once she figured out it was in the evening and that our whole family (including Daddy) plus grandparents and Aunt Jo were going to be there, she put on her game face.  She was, quite literally, the STAR of the show.  She did all of the dance moves, she sang in her Big Girl voice, and she grinned ear-to-ear the whole time:


I took more video than photos because it was one of those things that I'm going to want to remember.  This was the first time we had a clear view of our child for this event.  Usually, we sit on the wrong side or we have to sit clear in the back because we have misbehaving kids.  We are (mostly) to the age when all of them can sit for more than 0.45 seconds.  She did AMAZING.  And now I have to go sign her up for dance classes.  {sigh}  Ka-Ching.

While we were there, I tried to get a family photo.  F-A-I-L.

No comments: