Note: Baby Girl took this photo while she was home from school yesterday with a fever (104.2)
Unfortunately, the temp hasn't been above freezing around here until just recently but I got to rock this tee yesterday. I got a couple of compliments and, of course, I had to tell the whole story about how I won it and I'm hoping to prove how strong I really am by completing my first half marathon in just over three (3!) weeks.
Now we get to the part of training where I start to freak the frickety frack out! Do you know how long 13.1 miles is?!?! I do. Really stinkin' long. I have a 10-13 mile training run on Saturday (my personal goal is 12) and I am hanging a lot of confidence come race day on being able to complete that run with minimal drama (and pain). The weather, of course, is not cooperating but I'm planning to run outside anyway. At this rate, there's a good chance it will be snowing on race day so I may as well suck it up, buttercup and get 'er done.
I'm also struggling with my own ignorance. I never really thought about some things that I now have to consider pretty seriously. Like fueling during a run. I was eyeing up some chews last night while grocery shopping and had some muscle-head guy (whose neck was bigger than my waist) trying to give me pointers. All I could think was that body-building (i.e. building muscles) is WAAAAY different than building cardio endurance. Yes, you want to limit sugar but you NEED carbs to fuel a long run (even *I* know that). He just kinda ticked me off and maybe confused me a bit. I'll figure it out. I did learn that jelly beans are not acceptable fuel. I learned that the hard way. Ahem.
I also need to know what the heck a corral is. I mean, should I pack my spurs? Will I be running with the bulls? I'm kidding, but I really don't know what it means. I'm guessing it's like an organized starting line but since I've never done this before I don't know what to expect. I'll be asking the experts (Joella) for info very soon.
And then there's the logistics of race day morning. I think I'm taking a bus (I haven't heard details yet...) but I don't know how many kids to have Mr. MOTH bring or if he should bring any. If my mom comes, they'll have to bring all of them. And he's not a social being the way I am - he will want to leave ASAP and I'm planning on enjoying the festivities for quite awhile. We'll see, I guess!
Anyhow, thanks SBS and Dimity for the cool duds and the personalized note. I use it as a bookmark in my copy of Train Like A Mother!

No comments:
Post a Comment