Thursday, April 18, 2013

Flu

I'm not sure why we even bother to get the flu shot.  Rumor has it, it doesn't actually protect against the stomach flu and, quite frankly, that's the one I hate the most.  I can deal with the fevers, aches and pains of the regular flu (which is what the shot is for) but this stomach flu is...gross.

As of this morning, all 4 kids have puked.  Multiple times.  On every surface.  So.much.LAUNDRY!

It doesn't seem to matter that I have disinfected every square inch in between each episode, they all got it anyhow.  I'm nearly out of Lysol, Tide and patience.  Oldest Boy fell first, Saturday night, and he STILL can barely eat because of the stomach pain.  He was originally planning to go to school today but how could I sent him?  The others are all more recently sick (Youngest Boy and Little One on Tuesday night - ALL NIGHT- and Baby Girl first thing this morning) and he doesn't have much stamina.

So.

We're all home (except Mr. MOTH - who squealed tires on his way to work this morning in an attempt to get the heck away from us not catch it).  It's just like vacation!  Just with more puke and medicine.

And, in a completely selfish way, I am doing everything I can to not get sick.  I'm running a half marathon in 17 days and I can only imagine what this violent stomach bug would do to my training.

Also, I have a brand spankin' new niece!  I haven't seen her because we have the plague at our house and I'm terrified to give it to anyone over there.  I don't even want my parents coming here because THEY might get it and give it to my brother's family.  I can't wait to meet her!  So hard not being there for them!  I'll make up for it - she'll be sick of me by the time it's all said and done!

No comments: