Friday, November 18, 2011

Worth The Effort



I may have whined complained b*tched quite a bit during the 473 hours it took me to complete 40 busy bags. And then I got my box of goodies in the mail. G, you outdid yourself! There is no way in holy heck I could have pulled all of that together while 11 months pregnant. Just.no.way!

First up was the Fish Bowl. I had a dentist appointment and Grandma Grandma came over to watch the kids. My dentist is a rock star and I was home in less than half an hour so they hadn't even finished dinner let alone started on their busy bag project. They were too pumped about doing it for me to try to save them until there was a "need", so we did them anyhow:


What? Your kids don't do everything without shirts? You're lucky they're wearing pants! (Sidenote: we had pasta for dinner. Uniforms + pasta sauce = no shirts at dinner).


The finished product was pretty neat and the only thing to nitpick was that if I had just grabbed the bag "to go", I would have been crabby because it required scissors and glue. Luckily, I've learned from the first attempt and now read the instructions before grabbing and going:


While this one was fun, the next one? BOUGHT ME AN HOUR OF PEACE AND QUIET DURING BASKETBALL PRACTICE! (Yes, that required all caps). It's called the "Tennis Ball Puke Monster" and they STILL play with them. A lot. I had to hide them so that the fun won't wear off before our next scheduled practice!


The only other problem I've encountered so far is that I am craft illiterate. And some of the projects are lacking instructions. I'm a little skerred to try and do them using my own craftiness because, well, I'm not even sure what they're supposed to be! So, if you participated in beanski's busy bag swap and you didn't include instructions, please help me!


Next up, picture frames! Youngest Boy has been begging - begging - to do those, so I can't wait!

2 comments:

beanski said...

I'm glad you're enjoying them. My kids (well Renee) has had a lot of fun with them. Which ones don't you know what to do with? The sandpaper one? It's for making shapes/writing your name with yarn (it sticks to the sandpaper).

Jodie (allgoodinmommyhood.com) said...

LOL - my kids don't wear shirts at all in the warmer months - makes me laugh that other families are the same!!!