I had my first two rounds of vein treatment last week. When I scheduled it, they told me I would be able to resume my normal routine almost immediately but no "strenuous aerobic exercise" and also no "heavy lifting" (they took that restriction away when I asked if a 32 lb toddler counted as "heavy lifting"). Mr. MOTH drove me in on the first day. I was able to easily drive myself home after the second treatment.
And then came Day 4. Yinz guys, my leg HURTS. I am limping. It's purple (OK. Not completely purple, but still.). I can see that the protruding veins are significantly smaller than they were but right now I'm questioning my sanity at deciding to have this done. In defense of the clinic, the technician told me that's how I would feel for the first couple of weeks, she just didn't tell me why.
And I can't run. Guess what happens to a runner who can't run? They go stir crazy! A lot of runners get injured and have to take some time off - but they are usually able to do other things - swim, bike, yoga, whatever. I had to improvise. I cleaned. My house is frickin' spotless (NOT clutter-free, but very shiny!). Luckily, with four kids this is something that I can do almost every day! My fridge is so clean that when Youngest Boy came home from school on Friday and saw it he asked if we got a new one! LOL!
I have a follow-up appointment tomorrow and I'm hoping they'll say it's OK to run again although I'm in enough pain that I may not even want to run. We'll see. I have enough to do to distract myself with a 7th Birthday party coming up on Saturday and the zillion other things that have to be done as part of life around here. I just hope that my leg starts to look more human very, very soon. I bought a lot of clearance skirts for next summer. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment