I know I'm sort of new to the Catholic faith, but because I have been married to a Catholic for almost 10 years I know how it goes: Ash Wednesday and every Friday during Lent you don't eat meat. There are reasons why, but this isn't a post to try to convert you. This is about me. Like always.
This past Wednesday (Ash Wednesday), I took the girls to Mass at the boys' school. We ran some errands and then picked the boys up and headed home for dinner. The kids had fishsticks (hey, not every meal can be delicious and healthy) and I made fish for Mr. MOTH and myself when he got home. As an added bonus (and because I was also doing my best to fast), I made twice-baked potatoes as a side. These are very good, restaurant quality potatoes and we love them, but I rarely add the "optional" ingredient. I just happened to have some leftover, crumbled bacon in the fridge from our "breakfast for dinner" dinner on Sunday so as I'm about to whip the potatoes, I throw them in and hit the mixer button. And then I cursed. Because, you know, bacon is meat. {SIGH}.
2 comments:
If it makes you feel any better, I thought I'd make a simple wild rice soup from a mix for supper on Ash Wednesday, only to find little chunks of chicken floating in it right before serving. I said to hell with it and dished it out anyway. It wasn't like I intended to do it.
Hey, it's not a sin if you didn't remember ;-).
...At least that's what my dad told me.
Post a Comment