The Doctor's house - photo courtesy of realtor.com.
Before we built our current house we had made an offer on another piece of property. The location was similar but in a larger community with slightly smaller lots. The lot we put an offer in on was between a split-level and a vacant lot - a vacant lot owned by "the doctor" whose house was on the lot on the other side. "The doctor" had no intention of ever developing the vacant lot because he liked the space and we liked the idea that no one would be close to us on that side.
We have recently been questioning our current location, especially on a night when a snowstorm rolls in at rush hour and Mr. MOTH takes over three hours to get home. I'm already home alone with the kids for 11 hours, adding those extra two (which also requires that I handle snacks, reading and bedtime) alone makes me crazy and makes him very cranky. I feel overwhelmed and he feels left out. No one likes parents who feel this way. Including the parents.
Because of this we have started talking about maybe looking for property closer to work and the kids' school. We would be hard-pressed to sell our current home for what it is worth at this time but buying a small-ish piece of land to build on eventually would at least give us some peace of mind.
I picked up one of those free home books at the local grocery store last weekend. As I'm rifling through I gasp. "Honey!! 'The doctor' is selling his house!!" - for a lot of moula...but still! I drove past today and not only is the house for sale, but the lot next to it is for sale - separately. Whew! I'm glad we don't live there! Except, I usually wish we didn't live here!
This whole move "someday" project will probably kick into high gear again this weekend. We're expecting another snow "storm" during rush hour tomorrow (Friday). Yippee.
We have recently been questioning our current location, especially on a night when a snowstorm rolls in at rush hour and Mr. MOTH takes over three hours to get home. I'm already home alone with the kids for 11 hours, adding those extra two (which also requires that I handle snacks, reading and bedtime) alone makes me crazy and makes him very cranky. I feel overwhelmed and he feels left out. No one likes parents who feel this way. Including the parents.
Because of this we have started talking about maybe looking for property closer to work and the kids' school. We would be hard-pressed to sell our current home for what it is worth at this time but buying a small-ish piece of land to build on eventually would at least give us some peace of mind.
I picked up one of those free home books at the local grocery store last weekend. As I'm rifling through I gasp. "Honey!! 'The doctor' is selling his house!!" - for a lot of moula...but still! I drove past today and not only is the house for sale, but the lot next to it is for sale - separately. Whew! I'm glad we don't live there! Except, I usually wish we didn't live here!
This whole move "someday" project will probably kick into high gear again this weekend. We're expecting another snow "storm" during rush hour tomorrow (Friday). Yippee.

No comments:
Post a Comment