Sometimes, my kids just crack me UP!
Oldest Boy had his eyes examined by the school nurse the Friday before his birthday party. Naturally, he failed (coming from two nearly-blind parents, this was expected) and we have already scheduled an appointment with the eye doc for a new prescription. When he developed pink eye (yes, during his party) I was suspicious that it had been transferred during the exam. I said, "What did you have to do for the eye exam?" He said, "Squint."
***********
For Valentine's Day, Mr. MOTH brought home a dozen roses for me. Technically, he gave them to me the Friday before but that was OK because I got to show them off to our whole family at the birthday bash for the kids (Oldest Boy and Baby Girl). When he walked in and handed them to me Youngest Boy said, "Are you trying to be 'romance'?"
**********
For a solid 5 days before she turned 4, Baby Girl would ask me every.single.day, "Am I four yet?" Finally, on her birthday I could answer, "Yes!" She followed this with, "When am I going to be five?" {SIGH}
***********
And then there's Little One. Is there anything cuter than an almost-two-year-old trying to navigate the world of language?
She regularly runs up to someone, smacks them (hard!) on whatever body part she can reach and exclaims, "TAG! UR it!!" (not pronounced "you are", pronounced just how I spelled it). This is then followed by her running away while swinging her elbows somewhere up in the vicinity of her ears. It's quite comical but not something I think I can accurately describe...
Last week we were eating lunch and she was having a cracker. She accidentally broke it in half. She looked at me with a forlorn expression and in the most pathetic voice said, "Mommy? Can you fix it?" I almost cried...
We are currently trying to get her to sleep in her crib. I don't mind hanging out in there until she falls asleep but when she asks for a hug and then smacks me in the face I leave the room. This is (obviously) not the result she wants. When it happens more than once she falls to her knees, puts her little head in her hands and cries, "Not again!"
She's not quite to that magical age (3 and up!) when kids no longer put things in their mouth that don't belong there. When she does this, say, with a barret or toy she'll spit it out, look at me and say, "I don't eat that."
She's become quite the little beautician! She insists on sitting next to me, mixing my hair all around at random angles, usually covering at least part of my eyes, and says, "There!" Voila!!
One of my favorites is reading Goodnight Moon before bed. I read it the first time through and then she reads it the second time. Her version is slightly more entertaining than mine because she tries to identify everything in the pictures. Hilarious! She'll say, "Boodnight basket. Boodnight window. Boodnight breakfast (the bowl of mush)." And then she'll close the book, point to every letter in the title and tell it "Boodnight" - "Boodnight 'G'. Boodnight 'O'. Boodnight 'O'."...
2 comments:
"Are you trying to be 'romance'?"- love that!
LOVE the kids quotes/moments! Adorable! Kids crack me up. :)
Oh, I love love LOVE the Wilderness Lodge! So convienent with the ferry to the magic kingdom. I think next time we want to try the yacht and beach club. If i remember correctly the pool is awesome.
Glad you're planning the trip...thats 1/2 the fun! :)
Post a Comment