Since the boys have started school, I haven't spent more than 2 or 3 mornings at home. This is a very weird phenomenon. I am, by nature, a homebody. I like hanging out around the house, piddling with recipes in the kitchen, and playing with my kids. Now that half of my kids aren't here, though, I feel somewhat liberated. For those of you with "only" two kids, I'm sorry. But having two is SO much easier than having to drag, conjole, placate, and keep track of 4 - by comparison. Although, when I only had two I was a basket case, so there ya go.
Yesterday I took the girls to run some errands and we did something I've never done before. WE STAYED OUT PAST LUNCHTIME AND I HADN'T PACKED A THING!! Normally, I have at least one child who needs "special" food to eat - you know what I mean. Things like cut up olives and green beans or YoBaby yogurt or the like. But we actually went to McDonald's and I didn't have to bring a cooler! (For the record, Baby Girl had a Nugget Happy Meal and I had a Cheeseburger Happy Meal - both with "girl" toys. Little One shared in the nuggets and had a Yogurt Parfait. Sometimes you just gotta say "screw nutrition".)
We accomplished quite a bit. And by "accomplished" I mean "spent a lot of money in a short period of time". The girls still needed some things for the upcoming wedding and I am trying to figure out where in the heck to buy boys' suits that match and don't cost $150. This is tricky because I have one in the "big boys" section and one in the "little boys" which means I can find one - usually on sale but then the other is a pin-stripe costing twice as much. Have I ever mentioned how much I dislike shopping for boys' clothes? Girls? Sign me up! But boys, notsomuch. Any suggestions? I'm afraid to do anything on-line because the wedding is only 3+ weeks away. My brother is lucky I love him...
We also hit the bookstore. I had a coupon (I love a bargain) and our boys are into a few series right now (Magic Treehouse and Geronimo Stilton). I'm also planning to be Mystery Reader for both classes in October so I wanted something neither of our boys has read. But I also bought a book for myself. I'll admit, this is a bit ambitious. I got a little full of myself - which sometimes happens when I get a full night's sleep. I start to think, "Gee! 7 hours of sleep? I could totally stay up past 9:30 and read!" And then reality came along last night and b*itch slapped me. I didn't sleep for more than 45 minutes straight due to 3 out of 4 waking multiple times (occasionally at the same time). Tonight, instead of watching the Pitt/Miami game I'll probably pass out before haltime. {SIGH} Good thing I have an understanding husband (who isn't nearly as understanding when his team loses. Go Pitt!). An understanding husband who said, "Really? They were up?" {Double SIGH}
1 comment:
Have you tried ebay? I found tons of little suits for cheap.
Post a Comment