I forgot to mention in my shopping trip post that something BIG happened. I killed my cell phone. And by "killed" I mean it just quit working. I called Mr. MOTH before I left the house and it was working just fine. I called my mom back when I got to the mall parking lot (because I DO NOT talk and drive...anymore) and...nuthin'. I swore it was connecting but I couldn't hear anything. NO-THING. Naturally, I blamed her phone. But she called me back from her house phone...and nothing. And then I had to call Mr. MOTH (side note: Why are glasses on sale for people who DON'T NEED THEM?!?!) and...nuthin'. Eventually, I put it on speaker phone and it worked but that was the only way I could hear anything.
Why does this story deserve it's own post, you're wondering? Because we had to replace my phone. Which meant we had to replace his phone, too. Which means we got smart phones. Yes, my friends, we went BIG. We upgraded to iPhone 4. And now I have a HUGE learning curve. I've never sent a text message before this. I sent my first one to my SIL and she said I did great! And then I tried to send one to my husband...and told some stranger that I was in the kitchen and I loved them. Oops.
And then there's the whole "app" thing. I decided that I'll just find apps that are pertitent to things that are important to me or that I enjoy. So far, I have an allrecipes app, a Disney app, and several Bible verse apps. Oh, and the free Kindle app (which, hello? I think the phone was worth it right there!). I might even sign up for Twitter! Not facebook, though. Let's not get too crazy!
Mr. MOTH is suspicious that my phone "broke" on purpose. He loves his new phone, though, so he's willing to let it slide. He did tell me that if I "break" the iPhone I have to use smoke signals!!
Oh and Amber? I think I love you! I got both boys' suits for less than I was willing to pay for 1!!
2 comments:
Yay! I'm glad you had good luck getting them on ebay. That was the only way my flower girl (who was 18mo then) was able to get a decently priced white dress. At least her brother was 5 and was able to fit into one of the free suits at the rental place.
Let me know how addicted you become to the whole phone thing. I was in the wireless phone industry some years back and it is interesting hearing from people moving up into the new technologies being offered. Most who opposed making the jump are the ones who fall in deep. I don't know where you are on that but it should make for a fun blog post.
Post a Comment