Warning: Slightly crabby post ahead - but I'm working on 3 hours of sleep over here!
Yes, we are going to have a fourth child. And guess what? We actually planned to! And I am really tired of people looking at me like I’m Michelle Duggar! You know what else? I KNOW I’m going to have my hands full. I already do! You know what else? I love every.single.minute. Yes, it’s insane, but I’ve wanted this type of insanity my entire life. I feel like I’m living the answer to every prayer I ever prayed as a child/teen/young adult. This is what I’ve always wanted. Maybe I hadn’t always planned on being a SAHM, but that’s what works best for us right now. I’m blessed that we can afford it and that I have a husband who totally supports it. He certainly doesn’t think any less of me because of it. I’m the same intelligent, independent, (albeit slightly older) woman he married. And I think he also knows that if I absolutely had to? I could do this alone. I’m not married to him because I have to be. Or because I need to be. It’s because I want to be. Love’s crazy like that!
And this baby? Will not be neglected or less-loved or less-wanted because it’s the fourth (and most likely last) child. Just the opposite. I will be much more relaxed because I know that I’m finally done with my child-bearing years and I’m moving on to the child-rearing years. I can now focus all of my attentions on them. All of them. Yes, it’s impossible to give each of them my undivided attention all at the same time. They’ll adjust. And they’ll also know, without a shadow of a doubt, that they are important. Each one of them. If someone wants to judge me because of our choice to have a large family? They can kiss my you-know-what. Twice. Because I don’t judge someone who has one child. Or no children. Sometimes it’s a choice. Sometimes not. But you take what life gives you. No one’s life is perfect, including (maybe most especially) mine.
4 comments:
I, for one, am thrilled for you. I spent a lot of time worrying (and I still do seeing as the holiday card is springing the big news) how people would react to us expecting another child (though part of that is related to our loss - I think people think we are out of our minds for trying again.) I don't get why others are so outspoken about family size and why they think it is any of their business . . . if you have the resources and the desire, go for it!
(And I can't believe you are 16 weeks - we are practically due-date-buddies . . . I am looking forward to next spring when we both have new little ones at home!)
Amen. I couldn't have said that any better myself!
I hate it when people act like how many kids someone has is their business. I don't judge people for not having kids, why judge me for having as many as I want (and as close together as I want them to be).
BTW, I'm a SAHM with two kids. I got many intolerant comments when I got pregnant with DD (#2) and DS was "only" 2 years old.
Amy in CO
People who have any opinion on how many children OTHER people should have are idiots. I have no time for them. You are a good mom and I say keep having kids if you have the energy for them! :)
Yeah, what Fishsticks & Fireflies said: if you've got the resources and desire... that's all that matters. Nobody else's concern whatsoever.
Post a Comment