Monday, February 2, 2015

Good Intentions

This is why I hate New Year's Resolutions.  They're really pretty pointless - every morning that you wake up is an opportunity to start over; start something new; make a change. 

I had been doing great getting up at 5AM to get my run in before school until I hurt my stupid ankle of stupidness and ended up on my tush for 6 weeks.  (It wasn't a fracture; just needed some R&R).  I thought surely I could get back to it right after the holidays without any issue.

Wrong.

I don't mind getting up but I can only do it so many times and then have it all thrown into bedlam with a call from the school announcing a 2-hour delay or, worse, a cancellation.  I mean, 5AM is really stinkin' early!  I am getting my runs in, getting it done, but it feels all discombobulated.  (Wow!  Spelled THAT right on the first try!)

I signed up to run the Pittsburgh Half Marathon again (May 3) and I'm following a plan (This one, as a matter of fact) and when I have a plan there's NO WAY I'm skipping a workout.  As a matter of fact, I'm bound and determined to not even skip on the days when it's "allowed".  (Read the plan; it's easy to follow!).

Here's to starting fresh again tomorrow; we're already on a cancellation for today!


No comments: