Sunday, August 18, 2013

Insanity

Our treadmill is now functional again, thanks to Mr. MOTH.  He tightened the belt and lubed it up (for those of you with dirty minds, I'm still talking about the treadmill) and I can at least run on it again. 

While it was on the fritz, Mr. MOTH wanted some "low-impact" cardio that he could do at home.  He's still worried about hurting his knee again (and I don't blame him) but he didn't want to spend a small fortune on an elliptical.  Or on an exercise program that looks good on TV.

So he comes home with a printout of a quick version of the Insanity workout.  You've seen this, right?  It's a cardio workout that will likely kill the average person.  Maybe even an athlete.  You guys,  I run on a regular basis.  I've completed a half marathon.  I.thought.I.was.going.to.COLLAPSE!!  The first time, I barely made it through once (you're supposed to do three).  I can now do two if I really push it.

Last week, I was in the middle of the two sets.  You do each set for 1 minute with no break in between and then rest for one minute.  I "rest" by falling to the floor and gasping for air.  As I was laying there, Baby Girl came downstairs.  She took one look at me and said, "Mommy, are you OK?"  I said, "I'm just resting.  This is really hard!!"  She said, "Oh, Mommy.  Do you want me to do it for you?"

Bless her little heart.

No comments: