Let me preface this by saying - Holy Guacamole, I am NOT HAPPY with Blogger today. NOT HAPPY, BOB! (Bonus points if you know what Disney/Pixar movie that's from...)
One of my New Year's Resolutions is to try at least two things that I've "pinned" on Pinterest each week. This week, let's just say I'm starting off slow because a lot of what I want to do involves organizing my computer and, well, that's just not possible yet.
But.
I did try a magic cleaning trick. And y'all, it's magic. If you have small children (boys in particular) who are required to wear tan pants to school and who play on asphalt at recess, this is a "need to know". Look:
Youngest Boy's pants two days before Christmas break:
Youngest Boy's pants after the magic trick:
Now, aside from the fact that I have zero photography skills (which we have already established), you might notice a slight difference in the knees. You guys, THEY ARE CLEAN!! I thought for sure they were trash. Ok. The trick:
1 part blue Dawn dish soap (the plain old every day stuff), 2 parts hydrogen peroxide (H2O2 for my science nerd friends), and just for fun I threw in some baking soda. Apply with an old toothbrush (for extra scrubbing power), let stand for an hour until you remember to wash them and Voila! Clean!
Incidentally, I also have zero tech skills so I can't figure out how to put the pin stuff here (maybe I should add "learn how to use a computer" to my resolutions...). So here's the link. She used it to remove sweat stains from white t-shirts which I just tried this morning and, again, Magic!
No comments:
Post a Comment