Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!  We've got SNOW!  And lots of it!  The kids think this is just about the greatest thing EVER!  The Mommy?  Notsomuch.  I like the pristine whiteness of an unblemished field covered in white.  But I LOVE the way our yard looks after being demolished by 4 (or 5, counting mine) sets of happy feet!

Baby Girl LOVES the snow.  For someone who is always cold, that's surprising.
 Little One, Miss Independent, needed to be carried through it because it was waist-high.
 Youngest Boy was thrilled, even when he kept falling while trying to run.

 Little One can't make a snowball so she would ask for help.  I would hand it to her and she would hold it in front of her face and get ready to throw.  And then she would squeeze too hard and it would explode all over her.  Cue squeals of laughter.
 The coversation went like this:  "Do NOT lick the lampost!" "Why?" "Do you REALLY want to find out?" "Why?" {SIGH} "I'll go get the water bath ready..." (He didn't do it).

While we spend the day in our jammies, drinking hot cocoa and watching football and prepping the home office for a complete makeover (doesn't everyone have a DIY project they plan over the holidays?), we will also work on our resolutions.  Stay tuned!

No comments: