Friday, August 10, 2012

S'mores by Solar Snack Set-Up

I mentioned before that we've been participating in the Chicago Museum of Science and Industry's Summer Brain Games.  We completed Week 5 Solar Snacks awhile ago but things around here are just a bit crazy.  Here's how it all went:
Mostly, the girls just supervised on this one.  You line a pizza box with aluminum foil, cover the opening with plastic wrap and place whatever you're hoping to "cook" inside on a paper plate.  We made s'mores (because that's what the directions recommended and I wasn't feeling particularly creative)(I did want to try to pop popcorn, tho, but I really wanted this to work):

 As you can see, the results were delicious:

For future reference, I would recommend NOT placing the top graham on the s'more until melting is complete (45-60 minutes) because ours just slid off anyways.

I believe we are going to skip Week 6 Take Flight because we spent all last week making paper airplanes.  Week 7:  Light Up the Night looks like a lot of fun and I'm hoping to get to it before school starts.  However, this week was Cross Country Camp - which my boys totally rocked - and we are all exhausted.  And my home is starting to house an entire family of dust bunnies.  And the laundry!  Oy!

No comments: