Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Hidden Talents

My boys.  A lot of folks say, "Boys will be boys!"  which I find to be kinda a stupid thing to say.  I mean, obviously. But there is something to it, I think.  My boys have the ability to do something that my girls (mostly) just don't have.

They can clog a toilet in the blink of an eye.

Even the industrial ones at Walt Disney World (yes, Jodie, the ones that whoosh crap away at 90,000mph)

Monday evening as I was making dinner, Youngest Boy came into the kitchen and said, "Mommy, it didn't go down!"  Translation:  I pooped and it's stuck in the potty.  Now normally this isn't a big deal.  It happens SOOO often that we have a plunger near every toilet and we just take care of business and all is well.  Except this time.  Instead of the water just stopping (which is what normally happens), it didn't.  And to top it all off, I forgot all about it in the dinner/leave for practice/where's my water bottle/can you please tie my shoes again rush. 

Mr. MOTH came home and jumped on the treadmill in the hopes of mostly completing his work-out before we left so he could keep a close eye on the girls.  He wasn't quite finished when we were ready to leave so the girls went down in the basement with him.

As I'm driving down the highway I get a call.  "What the heck happened?!?!  There's water everywhere!!!  It's dripping through the basement ceiling light fixtures!!"  (You might remember a similar story from a couple of years ago).  Needless to say, we have since had a little chat about when it's OK to just walk away and when there's the need for true panic. 




1 comment:

Rocket Ma'am said...

Oy. My life. I don't know what it is they are eating, but my guess is baseballs.