Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Day 4

Finally! The Magic Kingdom! If you're only going to spend one day at WDW, you're going to go here. This is where Cinderella's Castle is located and Fantasyland (currently under "refurbishment"). Space Mountain. Splash Mountain. It's A Small World (after all).



This was also St. Valentine's Day (known 'round here as "Oldest Boy's Birthday") and when we arrived there were red and white balloons decorating everything...and the "mondo-rails" were not running yet. This meant a much-anticipated ferry ride:
As soon as we watched the opening shenanigans we snagged a button for Oldest Boy. This was pretty cool because every cast member greeted him by name with a "Happy Birthday" (pretend you can't see his name on that button, mmkay?).
I saw this quote in front of the Tea Cups and had to take a photo. I love Randy Pausch. His book is life-changing.
The thing about the Magic Kingdom that makes it truly magic to me is captured in this photo. See it? Happened last visit, too. My boys are holding hands. They don't normally do this but something here makes it occur. I wish I could bottle it up and serve it to them when they're beating the snot out of each other with light sabers...

To celebrate a birthday, we had lunch with these folks at the Crystal Palace. Not cheap. But soooo worth it. I ate my weight in mediterranean chicken. And I don't even know what that is!

I was a little nervous that our server was going to ignore the fact that it was his birthday but I needn't have worried. He was given a cupcake and a birthday card signed by all of the Friends at the Hundred Acre Wood.

No comments: